Experienced Electrical Engineer required to join a world-leading, global battery manufacturing organisation based in the North East of England to support the development and operation of a world class, innovative, large-scale mass manufacturing plant. This is a unique and rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large scale, net zero industrial developments where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace. Due to the challenging nature of the new gigafactory development, this role requires an autonomous, self-starter with the ability to lead from the front. The successful applicant will be an effective communicator with a flexible and adaptable mindset, capable of working effectively in a team environment.
Working as part of the Site Services Engineering team, the Electrical Engineer’s core duties shall include:
• Responsibility for site LV/HV electrical supplies, distribution infrastructure, private wire and renewable energy assets ensuring 24/7 availability and ongoing compliance to relevant standards
• Day to day management and upkeep of LV/HV systems and Renewable assets including preparation and implementation of full asset lifecycle preventative maintenance strategies and schedules
• Responsibility for the development and implementation of safe, electrical working practices in accordance with recognised industry standards and approved codes of practice including FMEA and Risk assessment
• Ongoing monitoring and control of plant energy and renewable asset performance to achieve agreed KPI’s
• Provide support to Engineering and Maintenance teams in the development of planned maintenance activity
• HV/LV switching planning and execution (Authorised Person role)
• Co-ordination, control and safe management of external contractors
• Management of HV and LV system breakdown incidents, restoration and corrective maintenance
• Site Services department annual Capex / Opex budget planning and management
• Maintenance and upkeep of plant electrical schematics and records
Additional New Plant Development Responsibilities In addition to day to day operational activity, the Electrical Engineer may also be involved in new plant development activity including:
• Preparation of HV/LV concept design specifications from external HV to internal LV distribution to process equipment point of connection
• Renewable energy, Battery storage (BESS), Private Wire and Microgrid solutions • Implementation management of state-of-the art, site-wide, Industry 4.0, AIOT, BMS, EMS and CBM solutions
• Project management and co-ordination including project budget preparation and CAPEX budget management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant Electrical role
• Demonstrable, relevant experience of HV/LV electrical distribution systems including DNO liaison
• Experience of managing and undertaking of HV switching operations in an Authorised Person role
• Knowledge and experience of DSEAR / ATEX / HAZOP / COMAH preferred
• Strong PC skills including MS applications, MS Project and AutoCad
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and presentation skills
Desirable Requirements (not mandatory)
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Chartered status preferred) • 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
• Previous experience in the role of SAP (Senior Authorised Person) in a Manufacturing environment
• Experience of Renewable Energy infrastructure, Private Wire and Microgrid network solutions
• Clean Room / Dry Room Production environment experience
• UK Driving licence
Learn what we’re looking for in this role.
Learn about what goes into working in this department.
Start your application process here by first answering some qualifying questions. You must answer Yes to each question to qualify. When you click on Apply Now it will open up your email. Please apply by a covering email and attaching your CV.
Sorry, you don’t meet the necessary criteria to apply for this role at this time. Why not take a look at some of our other job openings?